Seismic® Defcon™ Barrel Bushings
Deeper Lean with Truer, More Fluid Steering • Finer Control and Highly-Energetic Response • Precision Fit
Price is for a single pair of two (2) barrel bushings.
Seismic’s Defcon ultra-high-rebound urethane has a remarkable set of unique and highly-advanced properties – and now we’ve applied it to bushings! Defcon is the fastest wheel formula in the history of skateboard racing – credited with virtually every significant world distance and speed record, including the official Guinness Standup mark. (Pete Connolly, 91.17 mph / 146.73 kph – Sept. 16, 2017, at The Top Speed Challenge in Quebec, Canada.)
Here is what you get with the bushings
• Deeper lean and truer, more fluid steering with less lateral hanger slop!
• Smoother, more linear resistance profile – Consistent feel • Advanced control
• Very calm and predictable at speed compared to other bushing formulas – Not bouncy, nervous, or twitchy
• Highly-energetic yet smooth and controlled return-to-center
• Larger compression range compared to other bushing formulas in the same duro – No premature packing • Fuller wheel contact (less “outside wheel lift”)
Standard 0.60-inch (15mm): Optimal height both Board-Side (BS) and Road-Side (RS) for many modern longboard trucks, especially those assembled with BS washers. (e.g., Bear, Caliber, Paris, Dont Trip Poppy / Slalocybin)
Note: Defcon bushings may feel slightly softer than comparable duros from other brands using more basic urethane formulas. For optimal bushing performance, do not under-tighten or over-tighten kingpin nuts. Replace bushings that show signs of excessive wear, weathering, or aging.